Sunday, February 26, 2012

Brunch Bits & Bites: Lola's Commissary

Brunch is perhaps the best part of any weekend in Toronto.  Whenever I talk to my friends from Atlanta, they seem to marvel at how often we do brunch up here.  But it's true, Toronto has an amazing brunch culture and unbelievable brunch spots throughout the city.


Yesterday, I popped by one of my absolute favourite brunch spots - Lola's Commissary (also called Lola's Kitchen) located on Church Street between Hayden and Charles.  




Ok, so y'all probably think I enjoy it purely on it's proximity to my house, which while an awesome bonus, I really just love everything about Lola's brunch.  I wish I could comment on the different food options which all look so scrumptious, but because I'm a creature of habit I can really comment only on the eggs bennies...which are UNBELIEVABLE.


What's so deeeelish about the bennies are that they're made with toasted organic whole wheat biscuits.  That's right, I said biscuits!  YUM.  Being from the South, I crave biscuits like crazy and it's so hard to find any restaurant up here that serves biscuits, let alone makes them well.  But Lola's manages to make them so good, that I'll even venture to say they can rival a southern brunch spot.  I got the 'Shroom Benny for the first time yesterday, which was made with mushrooms and caramelized onions.  Unreal.


I highly recommend Lola's if you are looking for a delightful little brunch spot.  But, be warned, make a reservation because it gets pizzity packed!  Here are some other scenes from brunch.



Hope you have a happy Sunday!  Anyone try any great brunch places today?

-Mel  

No comments:

Post a Comment