Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tupperware bonanza!

Earlier this weekend, Noor and I had the pleasure of attending our very first Tupperware party hosted by our dear friend Cynthia.  What's funny is that when we told people that we'd be attending this type of party, it was met with mixed reactions.  Some commented that it was a sign of growing old that we were going to a Tupperware party, while others asked if it was for real or if  'Tupperware' was code for another cool party.   Understanding that it's 2012, Tupperware parties sound like such a throw back to old times, but you can't deny they also seem so cool and retro.  Plus, who doesn't want cool Tupperware items?


All I know, is that when I was a child growing up in Atlanta, my mom used to frequent these parties, and would always come back with the most amazing items like little mini Tupperware key chains or holders for my lunch that were cool shapes and sizes.  So the nostalgia factor was big for me, and I could not wait to go to my first Tupperware party as an adult.


When we arrived at Cynthia's, we were met with the cutest set up of food and refreshments ever!

Cynthia's sister Amy demonstrated all of the different items to us, and we played some fun games to get to know each other.  I was completely sold on some of the coolest things like the can opener that left no sharp edges or the fridge boxes that keep your veggies fresh for weeks.
 

After the demos, we all mixed and mingled, enjoying lots of delicious wine and cheese apps.  We also all walked away with some great new purchases, but also the fun gift bags including the coolest orange peeler ever (which my mom also has from back in the day).




All in all, a super successful inaugural Tupperware party.  Can't wait to go to a few more! 


-Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment